Introducing the new high sensitivity 2022 IRMS.
The HS2022 is the most sensitive small radius IRMS in the world. Combining superior analytical performance with reliability, flexibility, ease of use and maintenance, the HS2022 ensures that all your scientiﬁc needs are met. Backed by over 20 years of development with a no compromise approach to its engineering integrity, Sercon provides the ultimate isotope ratio mass spectrometer. This technology is available in both continuous ﬂow and dual inlet mode, and can be interfaced to a wide range of sample preparation devices and inlets. The HS2022 incorporates many high level design features, including an extremely robust, linear and sensitive source, a stainless steel flight tube, a thoria-coated filament, and high resolution amplifiers for a large dynamic range.
At Sercon, we believe you don’t just buy an instrument from us – you set up a working relationship which lasts for the lifetime of the instrument. We work on many collaborative projects with researchers around the world, working creatively with researchers to develop novel solutions to research questions. These innovative projects are often unique, we are very proud of our state of the art technology which is used for cutting edge research, and the HS2022 is the flagship instrument around which our configurations are built.
- All stainless steel and metal gasket construction flight tube for ultra-high vacuum purity to ensure minimal backgrounds and low water contamination.
- True differential pumping for superior ion transfer through the flight tube from the high sensitivity source to the large dynamic range collectors.
- Mass range from 2 to 96 amu – suitable for the analysis of light stable isotopes in the commonly measured gases H2, N2, NO, N2O, O2, CO, CO2, SO and SO2.
- Universal Faraday triple collectors for simultaneous collection of adjacent masses 28,29,30 to 64,65,66 with no adjustment of collectors. Additional single Faraday collector and high gain ampliﬁer for m/z 3 on the hydrogen spur.
- The desired combination of collectors is selected through the software. Software switchable variable gain ampliﬁers and 50V ampliﬁer outputs are available as options.
- Large dynamic range amplifiers and high sensitivity source ensure a large range of sample sizes can be measured
- Asymmetric extended geometry to give true stigmatic focusing with twice the dispersion of normal geometry with the same radius sector.
- 120° extended geometry with an 11cm radius magnetic sector giving an effective 21cm radius dispersion and double direction focusing. This leads to an abundance sensitivity at m/z 3 of <1 ppm which eliminates helium ‘tailing’ in to the D/H collector.
- Shorter path length than traditional extended geometry to decrease ion/molecule interactions and so ensure 100% transmission through the analyser and a sensitivity which is in continuous flow mode <850 molecules/ion for CO2.
- Triple port reference gas injection system. Size, type and positioning of reference gas pulses are under software control.
- Data acquisition system uses highly stable and linear high frequency converters which produce integral slices with zero dead time and quantisation below the beam statistical noise floor at all signal levels.
If you would like some more information about the HS2022 you can contact our sales team using the form below: